Wednesday 22 June 2011

Thunder and Rain

I wondered why the old combine harvester was out until after 10 last night harvesting the barley on a nearby field.

Normally these musings of an ex-pat are left unresolved but this morning I was woken up before 7 by the most wonderful sound of gentle rain cascading down the roof and and thunder rumbling across the sky.

I was so excited that I couldn't help but get up and, figuratively speaking, put pen to paper.

Now you might think that this is a bit strange being happy at this turn of events, but since the heatwave broke a couple of weeks ago we've had grey skies, high winds and humidity but no rain to speak of. Which meant we have still been watering the shrubs and veggies.

I'll give it ten minutes before I go out to check the water butts.  They need to be a bit like Goldilocks' porridge; not too full, not too empty but just right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment