Saturday 4 June 2011

Log Rolling

It is very hot and humid already this morning.  It was 25C by 9 o'clock with a forecast for today of even higher temperatures, thunderstorms and, almost unbelievably, hailstones.

Over the last week we have been using a sack truck to haul a tree's worth of logs one by one from where the pine tree was felled. The route through the woods to the field is steeply uphill and uneven, so this was a real challenge.  A couple of times the sack truck rolled over when we hit a large bump, with the result that the log rolled back down the slope, though luckily not too far.

We had thought that being Saturday we might have a lie in, but it was just too hot even at 6 o'clock.  I got up and quickly checked the forecast as, while thunderstorms were the forecast yesterday for today, Meteo has been known to change its forecast more often than I change my socks.  

Thunderstorms were still forecast for this afternoon so we decided to hitch the trailer up and get straight down to the woods to collect the pine logs that we cut earlier in the year.  

They are now all randomly dumped around the log pile, so my next job is to split them and cut them to size.  Looking at the size of some of the logs I can foresee that I will have my work cut out!




No comments:

Post a Comment