Saturday 25 June 2011

Register an Imported Trailer in France - Part Two

This is the first update to Register an Imported Trailer in France - Part One and covers my progress so far.

Surprisingly, the bureaucracy is working at full steam and I got a response in a couple of days from Service.public.fr who told me that I had to write to DREAL (Direction régionale de l'environnement, de l'aménagement et du logement).  I had come across this organisation previously when I was looking at how to get my cars through their Controle Technique if I couldn't get their Certificates of Conformity.  However, whenever I went to the site the transport section seemed to be focused on heavy vehicles.

Nonetheless, I sent DREAL an email outlining my problem and they've responded asking a pile of questions, such as when was the trailer first registered, who is the manufacturer, what sort of body does it have?  On the face of it, these are all perfectly reasonable except that I either don't know the answers or there isn't an answer.

For example, how to respond to the question about when was it first registered, when in the UK trailers are not registered.  I could say when I bought it, but that feels like a case of not letting a question get in the way of a good answer.  

I suppose that there is no other option but to spend the weekend contemplating the best response and then bang it off first thing Monday morning.



No comments:

Post a Comment