Friday 8 July 2011

Tour de France Arrives Today

The excitement is building, with only a few hours to go till the Tour De France arrives.  Our bike tyres are pumped up and the trailer for our chairs and lunch is attached to mine.  Luckily we don't need a Carte Grise for this one so everything is looking good.

We're off to the Friday market in Montrichard in a few minutes to get our last minute supplies as I think that sitting on the edge of the road for 4 hours might make me a bit peckish.  We need to be early this morning as the roads will be shutting prior to the Tour de France arriving and we don't want to be trapped.

The weather is not brilliant, with it being just over 16°C with a stiff breeze and hazy sunshine.  I've put my shorts on as a sign of optimism but I'm not totally convinced.

No comments:

Post a Comment