Friday 5 August 2011

A Visitor Comes

Green Lizard under tomato leaves

The prolonged silence ticked over in my head; anticipation coloured the still air whilst I waited for the inevitable roar.

Silence.

‘COME OVER HERE! QUICKLY!’ A sudden screech made me jump, and the tiny green lizard, not nearly as loud as I expected, scuttled into the tomato plants by my feet.

More than a little disappointed, I snapped back into reality and realised the huge dragon set to eat me was only a little lizard, and was in fact a gazillion times more scared of me than I was of it.

I slowly chased it through the vegetable patch, wanting to catch a glimpse of its incredibly camouflaged body, but then I began to feel guilty because the poor thing must have been terrified.

The highlight of Day 1: my little friend the dragon coming to work in the vegetable patch with us.

* A guest entry by Young Riotlife *



No comments:

Post a Comment